1. The framework: The Interactional Spine Hypothesis (ISH)
- I will introduce the basic framework for discovery and analysis and how it compares to approaches that also deal with the syntax-pragmatics interface.
- - Core tenets of the interactional spine hypothesis (Wiltschko 2021)
- - Historical background (speech act theory, conversation analysis, interactional linguistics,…)
- - Comparison to approaches towards syntacticizing speech acts
- - Methodological necessities
- Wiltschko, M. (2021). The grammar of interactional language. Cambridge University Press. (chapters 1-4)
- Class material:
- The slides for the first lecture are available here.